Header

We Are Seven is a one-woman art studio currently producing books, comics, and graphic novels. This blog chronicles my progress.

Friday, January 16, 2015

The American Spinster

Can I tell you a secret?

I've been working on something. It's a new website. And, except for pictures from tomorrow's photo shoot and a little more content, it's ready.

As you may have guessed from the title, it's called The American Spinster. I know many young (or young-ish) women who are unmarried and childfree, but we seem to be a largely ignored demographic. Some people are putting off starting a family until they're not so burdened with student loan debt, some haven't found the right person, but some are just happy that way.

Now, either you understand the desire to be footloose and fancy-free, or you think that deep down, women who say that's what they want are essentially lonely and longing for babies. Whichever side of the road you're on, I'd like to introduce you to my creative baby, The American Spinster.

The rest of the content (the comic and more reviews) will be added over the next two weeks, with regular updates after that. I've never promised to update a blog on a schedule before, but I'm promising it now. T.A.S. isn't a progress report or marketing tool like my other two blogs. It's my dream made reality. I'm extremely proud of what it is (modest though it currently is) and what it will become.

So, if you can, take a second and check it out. You're the first people I've told. The news won't hit the rest of the internet until after the pictures are up. Thank you for reading, as always.

-Lilli

No comments:

Post a Comment