Header

We Are Seven is a one-woman art studio currently producing books, comics, and graphic novels. This blog chronicles my progress.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Resin Success

At last, my darling Emmy is a resin, ball-jointed doll. She's seen many incarnations, but this one should be her (more or less) final form. It took a LONG time, but here she is:

 She isn't perfect, but I'm very pleased with how she turned out, especially considering this was all new to me. For the first time, I made a BJD out of polymer clay; for the first time, I made silicone molds out of all the parts (this was a particular challenge); for the first time, I poured resin. I'd call it a success.

In the interest of fairness, though, here are a few of her 'flaws.'

The resin didn't completely fill the mold on the abdomen (and a few other areas). I'm experimenting with different filling-in substances.

Her one upper arm is some weird-ass mutation that I'll need to completely replace.

Nonetheless, she is beautiful, if I do say so myself. Now, onto wig-making. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment